Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Wright on Galatians

Another new addition to the N. T. Wright page -- what a fine and comprehensive resource it has become:

Gospel and Theology in Galatians
N. T. Wright

Originally published in L. Ann Jervis and Peter Richardson, Gospel in Paul: Studies on Corinthians, Galatians and Romans for Richard N. Longenecker (JSNTSup, 108; Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1994): 222–239

I was just lecturing on Galatians today too; what a fascinating epistle it is. I was encouraged by how much the students in the class today engaged with the intricacies of the epistle too. One of the most interesting comments, and it took me a couple of seconds to process it, was in response to a question I asked about whether they thought they would have been convinced by Paul if they had been in Galatia. The comment was "I think I would have been convinced by Paul's opponents in Galatia, but then I'm a woman".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i enjoy very much reading the works of bishop wright.its a pity ,that he does not or quite seldom,for that matter,engage with continental scholarship,for anyone capable of german,the book "was sucht ihr den lebenden bei den toten" from hans kessler is highly recommended...the latter,on the other hand,hardly interacts with anglo-saxon scholarship,therefore one should try to get the best of both worlds
kurt usar